When you choose Sunshine Animal Hospital to be your pet’s health-care provider, you can trust that your pet will receive the finest veterinary care using state-of-the-art technology and the latest in veterinary medicine. We strive to meet your needs for first-class veterinary care in Northern Virginia with care, compassion and commitment. That means providing you and your pet with wellness examinations, advanced diagnostic testing, surgical treatment and a range of other animal-care services.
The entire medical staff at Sunshine Animal Hospital strives to provide excellent healthcare for your pets in Annandale, VA and the surrounding communities. We strive to respect you, our clients, by listening to your concerns, providing you with good service, and working with you to resolve your concerns.
We work every day to expand and improve the quality and scope of services, personnel and care. We try to find the best solution that will appropriately treat your pets while, at the same time, respect your finances.
We are committed to teaching and learning the art of medicine so we can provide up-to-date diagnosis and treatment.
Being an animal-care provider is more than operating a practice. It’s about giving back to animals and pet owners in the community.
What to Expect
Here is an outline of what happens when you bring your pet to Sunshine Animal Hospital.
- Client and Patient Information – You will be asked to fill out a form giving basic information about you and your pet so that we enter it into our records.
- Initial Examination – Your pet is weighed, taken into an examination room, and a veterinary assistant will take a brief history and may take your pet’s temperature. If your pet is here for vaccinations, the assistant will discuss what tests and vaccines are due. If you brought a stool sample, give it to the assistant.
- Heartworm/Lyme Test – If you pet is due for a Heartworm or Lyme test, the blood will be drawn first. These tests are run in house and results are available in 10 minutes.
- History and Examination – Our Doctors will next discuss any problems and ask pertinent questions followed by an examination.
- Evaluation and Treatment – After the examination, our doctors will report their findings, recommend a treatment plan and answer any questions. In house diagnostics may be used to learn more with most results available within 30 minutes.
- Estimates – For outpatient care, verbal estimates are given upon request. When an animal is hospitalized, written estimates are given on request.
- Payment and Deposits – Payment is expected at discharge. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cash, Personal Checks and Care Credit. A deposit is requested for hospitalized patients based on the estimate.
- Follow Up – Written discharge instructions are provided for hospitalized animals. Any recheck examinations can be scheduled at discharge. Our receptionist’s call to check on your pet a day or two after your visit.
- Scheduling Vaccines or Care – We can divide care into more manageable groups if the full amount cannot be done at one time.
Ask our staff if you have any questions about these options.