Cold weather can be a lot of fun for us humans, but it can create some safety concerns for pets. Here are some things to be aware of:
- Be aware of what your pet’s limits are for being in cold temperatures; if you need to bundle up, it is too cold for your pet.
- Consider having your pet wear sweaters, jackets, or booties. Booties and paw palm can help protect your pet’s paws from ice melts and salt.
- Wipe off your pet’s paws after a walk.
- Use pet-friendly deicing products.
- Trim their coat when necessary and give less frequent baths.
- Provide plenty of opportunities for your pet to be warm and comfy.
- Be aware of pets finding creative places to stay warm, check your car before turning it on.
- Do not leave your pets in the car during cold temperatures.
If you have any questions about cold weather safety, please contact us.